Lux uses only high quality tempered glass intended for candle use. This is to insure that our consumers are safe and receive only the finest product.
MADE IN USA:
Lux is an American company located in central Texas. We hand pour every candle at our factory to ensure our consistent quality.
The formula is a proprietary blend of very expensive, fully refined quality waxes and scientifically developed additives. The formula was developed to enable the wax to "layer" the fragrance oil in a new way.
Lux candles does not use soy wax because of the odor that is difficult to mask and because soy does not have the ability to "throw" (meaning flood) the fragrance in a room. Soy does burn somewhat cleaner, but will not hold more than 8% fragrance oil.
The #1 reason consumers buy candles today is for FRAGRANCE.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4" for maximum burn time. Remember, the lower the flame, the longer burn time and you will get the true essence of the fragrance. A short wick provides a slower and more even burn. Remember, the higher the fragrance level, the more oil (fuel) in the candle. A short (1/4") wick will not allow smoking on the side of the glass. If you see black soot on the glass, this means the candle was burned with an untrimmed wick.
- Burn 3 to 4 hours allowing wax to totally liquify across the top. If you burn a candle for a short time each day, you will create a small ring that does not extend to the edge of the glass. This will eventually burn a hold down the middle and ruin the candle. If you have burned a hole down the center, the candle can be fixed; you must take a spoon and dig out the wax until the wax level is at least 1/4" below the top of the wick. If you plan to burn longer than 3 to 4 hours, just trim & re-light.
- Make sure that the wick is in the center of the candle each time you light it. We always center the wick, but occasionally it will get off-center while trimming. If you need to center, use tweezers or needle nose pliers and gently pull toward the center of the glass.
- Always dip the wick in the melted wax to extinguish the flame. This keeps the fragrance in the air, not the "smokey, burned" odor.
- Do not burn candles in a draft. It will cause the candle to burn unevenly.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
HOW TO ORDER
Although we do not process payments online, we do offer a convenient shopping cart to keep track of products and place your order. When you find an item you like, click on "add to cart", and when you're ready to place the order you can click "check out". We will receive the order and contact you within 24 hours to arrange payment. Or you can simply print our order form, fill it out and send it to us with payment via fax or regular mail. Click the link below to download our order form...
BECOME A WHOLESALER
You may apply to become a LUX wholesaler by filling out the form linked below and faxing it to us.